How to change your IE search engine from Bing to Google?

I was asked by my colleague how to change her IE search engine from Bing to Google. I first thought this will not be possible, but then I did a Google search and found a solution. 
Here I write down the step-by-step guide for Internet Explorer 11.


Step1: Open IE > Click on the settings (Steering wheel) > Internet options

Step2:  Click on 'Programs' > Manage add-ons'

Step 3: Click on 'Search Providers' > if you dont have Google on the right hand side > click at the bottom 'Find more search providers...'

Step 4: Scroll down and find Google Search, click 'Add' and install. 

Step 5:
Close your IE and open it again.Now Google is installed in your IE. 

Step 6: Click on the settings (Steering wheel) > Internet options >  'Programs' > Manage add-ons' > Set Google as default search engine.

Yes!!!.... now you IE 11 should have Google search in its browser URL bar. 


Comments